Process

Process

LANDSCAPE & BACKGROUNDS

 
Plein air paintings. gouache. approx 5 x 3 1/2 inches. 2013. 
I paint these at my local Regional Park. I love it here because it is local, yet still has many sites that are wild.  I try to keep these at about 45 min. I am studying sun light and colors found in nature. 



Plein-air work. gouache on watercolor paper.
relatively small & quick.  These studies help me to make quick decisions, study natural color & light, to apply to my personal paintings, & to my background painting aspirations. 2012



Pastel thumbs.  each approx 1 3/4 x 1 1/2".   from photo & out doors. Studying natural light &  color while thinking about story.  Looking for those unnamed neutral earth tones, with slight variations in an area,  & a few accents of saturated color. 

copies of animation bg's.  cel vinyl paint. thumbs approx 1 3/4 x 1 1/2". 
I'm concerned with value, describing space, & composition. 

- last update 2015 -