Process

Process

COYOTE JUMP!

Last stage of the drawing and it is ready to transfer.  I will place it on Arches 300 lb warm watercolor paper.  It's a bit difficult to photograph since the drawing is done with colerase on two transparent sheets.  The elements look a bit complicated, but it will clear up with addition of color, line variation, value and whatever signature stye I move toward.


I'm working on three layers.  Adding plant life to surround this coyote.  Using colerase pencil on Canson transparent paper.  Here is a progress shot.  More elements to be added. The clean drawing is  almost complete.  I plan to use watercolor & gouache, ...& perhaps some experimenting with color pencil/mix media.  




Another transparent paper placed over my initial rough drawing.  This is the clean up stage. Red colerase & black prismacolor pencil.  I am also mapping this guy out, as I plan to paint him in gouache.  This is a wip. More elements to be added!  I love canine.  I had the pleasure to study a couple semesters with Marshall Vandruff, an awesome animal drawing maestro. 

No comments: